Next year's fifth graders will be attending Camp Bournedale in November.
Pine Glen and Francis Wyman - November 6th-7th
Fox Hill and Memorial - November 7th-8th
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
FINAL IMPORTANT REMINDER
Times below are for Fox Hill only
We will be going to Camp Bournedale on Thursday September 22nd.
Please read the following information carefully:
- Have your child at school, with luggage, between 8:30 and 8:45am on
September 22nd. They cannot take the bus to school!
- If your child has medication that they need to bring and have administered, please put the medication in a plastic zip lock bag clearly labeled with your child’s name. Medication MUST be in the original prescription container with directions for use. All medications including INHALERS and EPI-PENS must be provided from home. The inhalers and epi-pens that our school nurse has at Fox Hill will not be provided. Please contact our nurse, Suzy Shields if you have any questions. Medications need to be checked in with a teacher/nurse the morning of departure. These meds also need to be included on the health form and SIGNED by your child’s doctor. We will give the Camp Bournedale nurse all medications upon arrival.
- ALL luggage must be labeled with child’s name and school (i.e. sleeping bags and pillows should be inside a bag [trash, duffel, etc] with name and school clearly labeled on the outside.)
- Your child will need to be picked up at Fox Hill at 1:30pm on Friday, September 23rd. They will not be able take the regular dismissal bus with their luggage. If your child is going home with another parent you must write a note and give it to a teacher as soon as possible
- Attached is a packing list.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT RETURNED THE STUDENT INFORMATION/HEALTH FORM, YOU MUST DO SO ASAP. YOUR CHILD CANNOT ATTEND THE TRIP WITHOUT IT. THE FINAL DAY TO GET THOSE IN IS MONDAY, SEPT. 19.
Thank you for your cooperation and support. We are looking forward to a great experience. Please contact me with any questions.
~ Mr. Lisanoburlington-bournedale.blogspot.com
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
The following list suggests what Burlington students should bring with them for their outdoor education experience at Camp Bournedale. Each student should have plenty of comfortable clothes. The weather forecast will probably determine the amount and type of clothing you pack. Luggage should be confined to one piece. It is recommended that all clothing be put inside a plastic trash bag and then into a backpack or travel bag. Label all bags with child’s name and school. Please note: NO CELL PHONES OR ELECTRONICS PERMITTED and NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE ANY MEDICATIONS. ALL MEDICATIONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTED ON THE SCHOOL HEALTH FORM AND SIGNED BY YOUR CHILD’S PHYSICIAN. MEDICATIONS SHOULD BE GIVEN TO OUR NURSE THE MORNING OF DEPARTURE OR PRIOR TO IF NEEDED.
NECESSARY CLOTHING OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Comfortable pants and/ or shorts Compass
Sweatshirt (weather permitting) Tennis racquet and balls
Sweatpants (weather permitting) Baseball glove and ball
Extra socks Disposable Camera
Sleepwear (PJ’s) Sun block
Rain Gear (weather permitting)
NECESSARY FOOTWEAR ITEMS DO NOT BRING THESE ITEMS
(Extra pair if rain is forecasted) Candy or gum
NECESSARY EQUIPMENT Canteens
Sleeping Bag (or sheets, blanket) Food
Sheet or blanket to cover mattress Cell Phones, iPhones or Droids
Pillow Roller Blades
Extra empty trash bag Camcorders
Soap and Shampoo Skateboards
Toothbrush Electronics (games, music, etc.)
Comb or brush
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
CAMP BOURNEDALE HEALTH FORM-
Health forms must MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN and SIGNED BY CHILD'S PHYSICIAN which gives permission to the Camp Bournedale nurse to administer a pain reliever/fever reducer in case of an emergency. If you do not want to give the nurse permission to give your child any medication (even if they get a fever) while at camp you must sign under the “I do not give my permission…”. If your child is currently on medication or will be on medication during our overnight trip and needs medication administered while at Bournedale you also need to have your child's physician sign the form and list all medications (even OVER THE COUNTER MEDS) and directions for administering the medication. You will have to bring your child's prescription meds to school on the morning of the departure in the ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION bottle with the instructions on the bottle. Our school nurse will be checking medications and health forms prior to departure. Please return the health forms to Fox Hill ASAP. Please contact our school nurse or Mr. Lisano regarding any questions about the health form/medications.
Click the following link for a copy of the Bournedale health/student information form.
BOURNEDALE HEALTH FORM
Friday, May 27, 2016
BOURNEDALE DAILY SCHEDULE
10:30 a.m.Arrival (Orientation – introduction, rules, etc.)Move-in / REC TIME
Noon-1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00-3:00 Class 1 (snack after class 1)
3:00-5:00 Class 2
5:00-5:15 Wash up
7:15-8:00 Snack/Ice Cream Sundaes
8:00-9:00 Evening Activity - Magician
9:00 Return to cabins
9:30-9:45 p.m. Lights out
7:00-8:00 a.m. Recreation and Pack Up Cabins
9:00-11:00 Class 3
11:45 a.m. Cleanup/Departure
1:30 pm - Arrival back in Burlington